Table of Contents
Changing Windows 11 password regularly is a good practice to protect your computer, especially for computers that have more than one user accounts. Sometimes, Windows 11 also asks you change the password from time to time. If you are looking simple ways to get it done, then this is the right place to find the right solution.
Why You Need to Change Windows 11 Password
Here are a few reasons why you might want to change your Windows 11 password:
Windows 11 Asks You to Change the Password
You have to change the current password within 30 days when you are working with Windows 11. This is a built-in feature since Windows 11.
You’ve Forgotten the Current Password
If you’ve forgotten your current password, then you’ll need to create a new one. To do this, you’ll need to use a password reset tool. There are a few different ways to do this, but the easiest way is to use the Microsoft Password Reset Tool.
You Want to Create a More Secure Password
If you’re concerned about the security of your current password, then you may want to consider changing it to something more secure. When creating a new password, be sure to use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid using easily guessed words like "password" or your name.
Whatever the reason, changing Windows 11 administrator password is a relatively simple process.
Does Windows 11 Password Expires?
As you may know, Windows 11 has a password expiration feature that is turned on by default. This means that your password will expire after a certain amount of time (usually 30 days), and you will be prompted to change it. There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re using this feature. First, you should make sure that you have a strong password that is not easy to guess. Second, you should make sure that you change your password regularly to keep it from expiring.
How to Tell It is a Local Account or Microsoft Account
There are two types of accounts that you can use to sign in to Windows 11: a local account and a Microsoft account. A local account is an account that you create on a single PC. A Microsoft account is an account that you create with Microsoft, and it can be used to sign in to any Microsoft products or services, such as Outlook.com, OneDrive, or Xbox Live.
If you’re not sure which type of account you have, you can check by going to the Settings app and selecting Accounts. Under "Your account," you should see either "Microsoft account" or "Local account."
How to Change Windows 11 Password Online (for MS Account)
Microsoft account is the most popular way to sign in Windows 11 as it is mandatory during installation. For Microsoft account, the steps to change the password are totally different from local account. You can either do it through the Microsoft account website, or you can change your password directly in the Windows 11 Settings app. Let’s take a look at both methods.
Changing Microsoft account password through the website is pretty straightforward. Just head to the Microsoft account password reset page, enter your email address, and then follow the instructions. You’ll need to have access to the email account associated with your Microsoft account in order to do this, of course.
If you want to change your password directly in Windows 11, you’ll need to head to the Accounts section of the Settings app. Click or tap on "Sign-in options" in the left-hand sidebar, and then scroll down to the "Change your password" section. Enter your current password, and then enter your new password twice to confirm it.
That’s all there is to it! Whether you change your Microsoft account password through the website or through the Windows 11 Settings app, the process is pretty simple. Just make sure you choose a strong password that you’ll remember, and you’ll be all set.
How to Change Windows 11 Password with Keyboard Shortcut
There are many ways that you can use to change your Windows 11 password, but one of the quickest and most convenient ways is to do it with a keyboard shortcut. Here’s how:
1. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard.
2. Click on the User Accounts tab.
3. Click on the Change Password button.
4. Enter your old password and then your new password in the appropriate fields.
5. Click on the Change Password button to save your changes.
That’s all there is to it! You can now use the new password to log into Windows 11.
How to Change Windows 11 Password from Settings
1. Open the Settings app by clicking the Start button and then clicking the Settings icon.
2. In the Settings app, click on the Accounts icon.
3. Under the Your account section, click on the Change your password link.
4. Enter your current password and then enter your new password. You’ll also need to enter a password hint to help you remember your new password.
5. Click the Change password button and you’re done!
6. Changing your password is a good way to keep your account secure, so be sure to do it every now and then.
How to Change Windows 11 Password in Command Prompt
Command Prompt is a free system utility you can use to change Windows 11 administrator. This can be useful if you’re having trouble logging in or if you need to change the current password for security purposes.
To change your Windows 11 password using the Command Prompt, please follow these steps:
1. Type "cmd" into the search bar and press Enter.
2. Type "net user" followed by your username and the new password you want to use. For example, if your username is "John" and you want to change your password to "123456," you would type "net user John 123456."
3. Press Enter and you should see a message that says "The command completed successfully."
That’s all there is to it! Now you know how to change your Windows 11 password using the Command Prompt.
Change Windows 11 Password using Password Reset disk
A password reset disk is a physical disk or USB drive that contains all the information needed to reset Windows 11 password. Once you’ve created one, you can use it to reset Windows 11 password from USB drive.
Creating a password reset disk is a good idea if you ever forget Windows 11 administrator password, as it’s a much easier way to reset it than having to go through the process of resetting it manually.
To create a password reset disk on Windows 11, you’ll need a blank USB drive. Once you have one, follow these steps:
1. Insert the USB drive into your computer.
2. Open the Control Panel and click on User Accounts.
3. Under the "User Accounts" heading, click on "Create a password reset disk."
4. A wizard will now open. Follow the instructions to create your password reset disk.
5. Once the process is complete, you can remove the USB drive.
If you want to change Windows 11 password using the Password Reset Disk, follow these steps:
1. Insert the password reset disk into your computer.
2. Boot up your computer and wait for the login screen to appear.
3. Instead of entering your password, click on the "Forgot password" link.
4. A wizard will now open. Follow the instructions to reset your password.
5. Once the process is complete, you can login to your account with the new password.
Resetting your password using a password reset disk is a much simpler process than resetting it manually. However, there are a few downsides to using a password reset disk. Firstly, you’ll need to create one before you forget your password. Secondly, if you forget your password and don’t have a password reset disk, you’ll be unable to reset it and will have to go through the process of resetting it manually.
Forgot Windows 11 Password? How to Change Password without Knowing
Forgot your Windows 11 password and don’t know how to unlock it? Don’t worry, iSeePassword is here to help. iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery is a professional and unique software that can help you recover your lost or forgotten Windows password. It is easy to use and comes with a variety of features that make it a great choice for anyone who needs to recover their password.
With this powerful software, you can easily reset Windows 11 admin password in just a few minutes.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Download and install iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery software on your computer.
2. Launch the program and insert your USB drive or CD/DVD.
3. Follow the instructions to create a password reset disk.
4. Once the password reset disk is created, insert it into the locked computer and boot from it.
5. Select your Windows 11 system and click on "Change Password" to change the current password to a new one.
That’s it! With iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery tool, you can easily reset Windows 11 password and get back into your computer.
1. Easy to use
2. Quick and effective
3. Supports all versions of Windows
1. You need another computer to create the password reset disk.
Video Tutorial: How to Change Password in Windows 11
There are many reasons why you might want to change Windows 11 password. Maybe you’ve forgotten your current password and need to create a new one. Or maybe you simply want to change your password to something more secure. Whatever the reason, changing password in Windows 11 is a relatively simple process according to the methods we share in this article.